General Practitioner Veterinarian:
Are you looking for an Alaskan adventure? Do you dream of the Northern Lights? We are looking for a full-time associate GP veterinarian for a small animal practice in Fairbanks, AK. Practice offers good work life balance for all employees so you can explore nearby Denali, soak in Chena Hot Springs or take that fishing trip. No on-call and veterinarians usually leave work at 5pm. Modern equipment including Cornerstone software, dental x-ray, new ultrasound, digital x-ray and in-house Idexx lab equipment. Veterinarians are given the opportunity and support to grow their interests and develop professionally. Great support staff utilizing LVTs creates our pleasant work environment. References for the practice are available. Please send your resume to [email protected]
We are looking for the following credentials:
- Clinical examinations and diagnosis
- Supervision of vet-assistant apprentices
- Laboratory diagnostics: sample taking, result interpretation for bloodwork, urine, swabs, etc.
- Experience with small mammals, primarily feline and canine
- Basic Cytology: ear swabs, FNAs, impression smears, etc.
- Basic Endoscopy, using a fixed endoscope: rhinoscopy, tracheoscopy, otoscopy, etc.
- Diagnostic imaging; Radiography, abdominal ultrasound, pregnancy scans
- Dental procedures
- Routine and emergency soft tissue surgeries: neuters, wound repair, tumor removal, splenectomy, GDV, cystostomy, etc.
- Orthopedic surgeries: basic osteosynthesis (with cerclages, intramedullary rods, external fixation)
Number of individuals the employee will supervise: 2 at a time
Job titles of supervised employees: veterinary technicians and/or assistants